Twitter Reviews

10/30/10

Labels: , , , ,


#9. The Thing - I remember seeing the trailer on TV when I was really young. I don't remember exactly what I saw, but just that alone gave me nightmares for days. I probably didn't see the film till years later, but it freaked me out pretty good at that time too, although I think the real damage had already been done by the trailer.

Today, it's still one of my personal favorites. I love the arctic setting, it's got some very memorable characters and one of the greatest "villains" of all time. I love that it can infect anyone, they themselves may not even realize it and after that, they're pretty much indestructible and the old school make-up effects are still wonderful. Just a kick-ass film all around, John Carpenter's best.


0 Responses to 13 Movies that Scared the Crap out of Me - #9. The Thing: