Twitter Reviews

7/18/08

Labels: , , , ,

(Seen on 5/23/08) The Simpsons show is my all time favorite TV show, they've created the smartest and funniest show for two decades. When the film came out last summer, I was pretty excited to see it. And amazingly it lived up to the hype, it was very much a long episode, but they took it beyond that as well, did some things they can't do on the show. I particularly loved the Bart skating naked scene, it had one of the biggest laughs I've had in years. I think the only thing I didn't like in the whole film, was that they called the president Schwarzenegger instead of Rainier Wolfcastle, who was always an obvious parody, but it's a minor quibble.


I got around to watching it again on DVD and it held up quite well on a second viewing. There's so much going on, that it's tough to catch all the jokes the first time. But I don't feel like spending a bunch of time writing a full review, if you're a Simpsons fan you've seen the film, and don't need me to tell you how great it is. If you're one of the rare people who doesn't like the show, what's wrong with you?... I mean, I won't be able to convince you to see it, since it's the same thing as the show only longer and better animated. - Grade: B+


0 Responses to The Simpsons Movie: