Twitter Reviews

9/3/08

Labels: , , , , , ,

I'd love to spend some time writing in detail about this beautiful film, but there has been enough dissections of this near masterpiece, that mine will only become another small piece of the noise. Instead I'll post a few of my favorite Persepolis clips in hopes that these tastes will be enough to convince anyone, that hasn't seen this film, to seek it out.


The film is based on the true story of Marjane Satrapi, who grew up in Iran during the 1970's, living under a horrible tyranny, her parents decide to send her to Vienna for schooling, where she grows into womanhood. The film is beautifully told with exquisite animation, that fits her fanciful life, full of elaborate dreams. It is simply one of the best films of 2007. - Grade: A


Marjane becomes a woman overnight:



Marjane swears off love:



Marjane sings "Eye of the Tiger":



And just because I love Godzilla so much:



1 Response to Persepolis:

  1. I was pointed this direction from our similarities in genre by netflix. This movie looks great; I just moved it to the top of my queue. Sweet blog!

    Cheers,
    Mud