Twitter Reviews

11/4/07

Labels: , , , ,

Spider-Man has been my favorite superhero since I was a youngster. The first two films were very well done; Sam Raimi got just about everything right. With Spider-Man 2 being one of the best superhero films ever.

After seeing the first two on opening night, I meant to see part 3 in the theater, but the reviews were scathing and I never got around to it. There are sections of this film that are good and exciting, but so much of it is so wrong, that I could never get into it.

It starts with a terrible script. Too many coincidences, too many villains, underdeveloped characters, and too many plain stupid moments. I don't know how the scene where Peter is strutting around town to Staying Alive ever made the cut; it's ridiculously bad and doesn't belong anywhere near this or any film.

I couldn't have cared less about the love triangle. Sandman was cool looking, but I didn't care about his character in the least. They should have focused on him or Venom, not wasted them both in one film. Venom a very cool baddie, was retarded in the film; a whiny, jealous, little bitch that doesn't show up till the last 20 minutes. They could have done so much more with him. The only thing I liked about the film, was the continuing story of Harry Osborne as the young Green Goblin, but even that wasn't treated very well.

I don't understand how they threw 200 million into this craptastic script. If they'd spent more time getting it right; cutting out the stupidity; developing the villains so we cared about them; Sam Raimi's direction and the top-notch special effects wouldn't have been wasted. I really don't want to see part 4, unless they get it right from the start.

The following clip, pretty much sums up my feelings on this film.

0 Responses to Spider-Man 3: