Twitter Reviews

10/30/10

Labels: , , , ,


#10. Poltergeist - I don't really remember seeing this movie for the first time. It didn't haunt me for years like many of the others on this list. I mostly remember it for the imagery. Toy clowns scared me for years after this. The guy ripping his face off in the mirror freaked me out, every time I looked in the mirror, that came to mind. The maggots on the chicken grossed me out, I couldn't eat chicken without checking it first. A TV with static on it... yikes! Actually, that one still kind of gets me, almost nothing creepier than a dark room, lit up by nothing but TV static.


This movie holds up incredibly well, even the effects still look good. American ghost movies have never scared me, this is still easily my favorite one and the only one I ever remember having any effect on me.


0 Responses to 13 Movies that Scared the Crap out of Me - #10. Poltergeist: