Twitter Reviews

10/30/10

Labels: , , ,

#11. Nightmare on Elm Street - This is another film that my friends told me about a few years before I actually saw it. The idea of a monster being able to attack you and kill you in your dreams was an awful one. I already had enough trouble falling asleep as a kid, but the idea of falling asleep being what could kill me was destructive. I remember many nights where not even knowing, just the speculation of what happened in the movie, kept me from sleeping.

When I finally saw it, it mostly lived up to all the horrible ideas that I had about it. But somehow at the end, when Nancy dismisses Freddy with by simply saying "You're not real" saved me from many more sleepless nights. So this was a rare case, where actually seeing the movie was less scary than the idea of the movie.






0 Responses to 13 Movies that Scared the Crap out of Me - #11. Nightmare on Elm Street: