Twitter Reviews

8/31/07

Labels: , , ,

Being a huge fan of John Cusack I watched Pushing Tin in the theaters when it first came out. I wasn't that impressed by it, and sort of forgot about it over the years. I was loaned the DVD, and with the wonderful cast staring back at me from the cover, I knew I had to give it another chance.

I'm always into movies that show us careers that you don't see in the movies all the time. I'm sick to death of ad executives and architects being the main occupation of movies about "normal" folks. It was fun to see a behind-the-scenes look at what air traffic controllers go through. The stress it puts on their life. I liked the chemistry between Cusack and Billy Bob Thorton, as they jockey for top spot. The relationship stuff with the women kind of brings the rest of the film down. It's something we've all seen a million times before. I'm glad I gave the film another chance, it was worth watching again, but I don't know if I'll ever bother again.

0 Responses to Pushing Tin: