Twitter Reviews

6/6/10

Labels: , , , , , , ,

On the night that Survival of the Dead opened in theaters, I watched the film on DVR, thanks to the sneak preview on HDNet Movies, (My favorite movie channel.) and live Tweeted my review of the film. Here is what I posted.

• As far as I'm concerned, George Romero can make zombie movies forever. He was born to do it & by now the films feel like a cozy blanket.

•
First zombie head explosion within the 1st 3 min. of the film, I like how this is beginning.

•
Just tied it to last film, Diary of the Dead, the lead soldier in this one, had brief cameo in last as same character

•
Why are we in Ireland?

•
I like this line: "Putting the dead to sleep, before they put all of us to sleep."

•
Got ourselves an ole fashion family fued, its the O'Flynns vs. the Muldoons & Patrick O'Flynn just got booted off island

•
Why don't zombies eat politicians? ............ Professional courtesy.

•
O'Flynn is offering people to come join him on island. Soldiers & wise-cracking kid they just picked up are on the way.

•
First Zombies on a stick. Now fishing for zombies. What's next?

•
@OfficialRomero - I hope you dont mind my live review of Survival of the Dead. I'm doing it out of love for your films. Enjoying it so far!

• Might just be the most original way to kill a zombie... Fire extinguisher to the mouth!



• Zombie driving a car. Is that some kind of social commentary there George?

•
Muldoon is trying to train the zombies to behave & eat something besides human flesh. Kinda hearkens back to Day of Dead

•
Zombie just bit her twin sister, now there's a shoot-out going on & all the zombies were released, must watch, not type.

•
Perfect final shot for film! I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it.

•
@OfficialRomero - Just finished Survival Of Dead, please keep making Dead films & I'll keep watching them! • Very fun, if you like zombie films it's a must see. Funny & thought provoking, well-made & gory in brilliant ways.


1 Response to George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead:

  1. George Romero is a brilliant fim maker. This is the best movie I ever saw from him.