Twitter Reviews

9/16/07

Labels: , , ,


Jump Tomorrow is one of those movies that almost no one has heard of, but everyone that sees it, falls in love. This is probably the most borrowed DVD in our collection, I'm always recommending it. We had just got it back from a long time lending, so it felt like a good time to watch it again.

I believe it's just about the perfect romantic-comedy. The characters are lovable and believable, the story too is very natural, none of that usual crap that romantic-comedies rely on. But the filmmaking is what does it for me. Though it is very low budget, the film is beautiful to watch, every frame is nicely photographed and art directed, there's a very deliberate look to the entire film. It's filled with great music and little fun dream sequences.

If you haven't seen it before, search it out. I've been waiting forever for another film from director Joel Hopkins, according to IMDb he's working on one with Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson, I don't care what it's about, I'm dying to see it.

0 Responses to Jump Tomorrow: