Twitter Reviews

9/20/07

Labels: , , ,


This is one of the most unique films I've seen in a while. Animated in pure black and white... and by that I mean, no shades of grey what-so-ever. From what I've seen, it's the first feature length film to do so. It's a look that may not work for any but total film buffs and animation geeks. Because as much as I loved it for the first half, it started to get old towards the end. But I certainly admire how they went so far out on a limb.


The story is a typical noir-sci-fi mash-up about huge conspiracies that could destroy all humankind. It was sort of hard to keep up, mostly because all the characters have French names. But I always appreciate not knowing exactly where the story is going. The action scenes are well done, and the design of future Paris is very cool to look at. I see myself picking it up on DVD in the future.



0 Responses to Renaissance: